Find your opportunity to Make Today Great!
If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a real difference in peoples’ lives are important to you, we want you on our team. Please see below for current job opportunities. While we thank all respondents, only those under consideration will be contacted.
You have a passion to raise the bar in the retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated team player who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance and customer service. You will have abilities and customer service experience in a similar setting with skills and knowledge in the areas of serving, handling food and be a contributing team player to the overall success of the Community. You are committed to upholding the V!VA Values and Culture. If making a difference in people’s lives is important to you, then we are eager to hear from you.
What do you get when a team of experienced industry professionals combine their passion and decide it is time to raise the bar in the retirement living industry? You get V!VA Retirement Communities. At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At V!VA we put people first. We are looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s mission – Making Today Great!
As a Server at V!VA Thornhill Woods Retirement Community, you will be accountable to your schedule and job duties as they pertain to your assigned shifts. You will collaborate and work as a team player with emphasis on food and beverage service. The incumbent is responsible to serve food and beverage items in a knowledgeable, friendly and helpful manner to all Community Members and guests. To create 100% Community Member and guest satisfaction by providing genuine hospitality and by exceeding expectations.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Greet all Community Members and guests at table
- Respond to inquiries regarding menu
- Take menu, beverage and bar orders from Community Members and guests and communicate orders to kitchen and/or bar
- Organize and prioritize service per appropriate service sequence
- Check food orders prior to serving to ensure that they are correct, properly presented, and special requests have been met
- Serve food, coffee, water and other beverages; refills beverages as needed
- Set tables in accordance with V!VA standards
- Clear tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware
- Gives personal attention, take personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing Community Member and guest service
- Respond to concerns/complaints regarding food or service and correct errors or resolve complaints with a friendly, positive attitude
- Listen, apologize with empathy, find solutions and follow through when resolving problem
- Cooperate closely with other servers to meet and exceed service expectations
- Participates in and attend in-service training and education programs as scheduled
Qualifications include but not limited to:
- Experience in a dining-room setting serving food and taking orders, preferably in a fine dining restaurant or retirement community setting
- Strong customer orientation to older adults
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers and subordinates
- Ability to manage their time effectively with little supervision
- Up to date police check-vulnerable sector
- Smart Serve Certificate
- Current police background check and vulnerable sector search
- Ability to work as a team member, understanding the priorities of others
- Able to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods. Able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
- Available for call-ins
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy
V!VA Retirement Communities welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.