Find your opportunity to Make Today Great!
If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a real difference in peoples’ lives are important to you, we want you on our team. Please see below for current job opportunities. While we thank all respondents, only those under consideration will be contacted.
You have a passion to raise the bar in the retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated team player who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance and customer service. You will have abilities and customer service experience in a similar setting with skills and knowledge in the areas of housekeeping, health and safety practices and be a contributing team player to the overall success of the Community. You are committed to upholding the V!VA Values and Culture. If making a difference in people’s lives is important to you, then we are eager to hear from you.
What do you get when a team of experienced industry professionals combine their passion and decide it is time to raise the bar in the retirement living industry? You get V!VA Retirement Communities. At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At V!VA we put people first. We are looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s mission – Making Today Great!
As a Housekeeper at V!VA Thornhill Woods Retirement Community, you will be accountable to your schedule and job duties as they pertain to your assigned shifts. You will collaborate and work as a team player with emphasis on cleanliness throughout the community for the enjoyment of our Community Members and guests. When needed, you will be part of the first response team for all emergency situations. You will be able to initiate procedures found in the approved Fire Plan and Emergency Plan if needed ensuring the Community Members safety at all times. You will report and document all findings both in the communication binder and to the Services Manager to ensure a seamless communication and support system. Ensure the appropriate methods of maintaining confidentiality and privacy of information are carried out in your day to day tasks and communication. Working closely with the Services Manager to address, support and honor the needs of our current and prospective Community Members.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Follows cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) as outlined for housekeeping department
- Cleans floors, dry mops, wet mops. Sweeps, disinfects where and when necessary
- Performs emergency housekeeping when accidents occur
- Cleans movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures, dusts, spot cleans or washes, disinfects when necessary, polishes where required, changes slip covers, doilies etc when soiled. Cleans ledges, shelves, vents, etc
- Empties and cleans ashtrays, waste baskets (including relining). Disposes of garbage
- Straightens and rearranges furnishings as directed, Inspects furnishings for wear and defects and reports to their supervisor.
- Cleans bathrooms (private, public, staff). Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors and walls as directed. Washes windows and mirrors. Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures in suites upon move-out and prepares for new occupant.
- Washes, folds, irons and delivers laundry as required
- Ensures that effective Infection Control protocols are in place and followed at all times. Increasing protocols when needed ie outbreak
- Performs supervisory duties in the event of fire or emergency during the overnight hours
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications include but not limited to:
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers and subordinates
- Ability to manage their time effectively with little supervision
- Ability to work as a team member, understanding the priorities of others
- Able to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods. Able to lift a maximum of 50 lb
- Able to use commercial laundry and cleaning equipment
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
- Up to date with the completion of the Safety 24-7 online training program
- Experience in housekeeping duties an asset
V!VA Retirement Communities welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.