Find your opportunity to Make Today Great!
If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a real difference in peoples’ lives are important to you, we want you on our team. Please see below for current job opportunities. While we thank all respondents, only those under consideration will be contacted.
You have a passion to raise the bar in the retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated leader who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance and customer service. You will have experience in a similar setting with skills and knowledge in the areas of health care and wellness for seniors, and managing a team of health care professionals, while contributing to the overall success of the Community. You are committed to nurturing careers, fostering learning and having fun. If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a difference in people’s lives are important to you, then we are eager to hear from you.
What do you get when a team of experienced industry professionals combine their passion and decide it is time to raise the bar in the retirement living industry? You get V!VA Retirement Communities. At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At V!VA we put people first. We are looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s mission – Making Today Great!
As the Wellness Manager for a V!VA Community, you are responsible for all aspects of the Wellness department and the related Community resources and agencies who will work with you to ensure V!VA Barrhaven provides the best in overall care for its Community Members. You will mentor a team of approximately 15. You will reach out to prospective Community Members, their families and local referral sources.
V!VA Leaders work collaboratively together to provide excellence in service to our Community Members by creating places where they love to live and laugh and are proud to invite their family and friends. They inspire innovation, creativity, passion and a love of service for our Team Members. They are responsible for recruitment, training, performance management and overseeing the daily activities of their teams.
- Actively participate in the recruitment, selection, hiring, orientation and training of all opening Team Members
- Develop a staffing model for your department and create job specific task lists for each position on each shift
- Oversee management of the Wellness department including setting up the department structure, procedures, community resources and services
- Actively participate in the development and delivery of V!VA University as a coordinator and/or trainer
- Liaise with other V!VA Managers to obtain forms, reports and best practices
- Complete tasks as assigned on the V!VA Master Operational Opening Plan
- Implement V!VA standards (PlayRight Manuals, People Manual, Service Culture Standards) as advised by the Director of Operations and/or her designates
- Develop communications and programs for opening Team Members to ensure their engagement before opening and during the first few months after opening
- Learn all required local and provincial government requirements including but not limited to those of public health, MOL and RHRA
- Review and know the details of Community living for all new Community Members including but not limited to the contents of all move-in documents and the Living Here Handbook
- Develop post opening goals, tasks and responsibilities to ensure the long term success of the Community
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Wellness department including medication distribution and administration, care package services, regular Community Member assessments and communications with families and community resources
- Role model, drive excellence and innovation in customer service throughout the Community
- Provide leadership and empowerment within the department; achieve goals and objectives; manage a team, financial and physical resources
- Actively participate in the Orange Dot Program by living the V!VA values and acknowledging others for doing the same
- Participate in the budgeting process and manage the operation of the nursing/ wellness department within budget
- Select and develop Team Members and students; provide opportunities for growth and development; create an environment that will increase knowledge and skills among Team Members
- Participate and contribute to innovative activities that will ensure above and beyond experiences.
- Liaise and consult with Community Members, families, company resources, professionals in relation to Community Member care needs and department activities
- Liaise with external community partners; CCAC, hospitals and other service providers
- Interpret nursing philosophy and establish and implement goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Lead the Infection Control and Risk Management Committees
- Maintain all required records, reports, statistics, etc. for both Community Members and Team Members in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensure appropriate level of care is determined prior to admission and that necessary documentation is completed
- Plan, organize, direct and supervise the activities of the Wellness / nursing department to provide quality, individualized Community Member care and services
- Attend Community Members’ councils and ensure resolution of issues relating to Nursing/Wellness services.
- Ensure RN, RPN and PSW accreditation for medication administration is up to date
- Role model and drive excellence in customer service throughout the Community
- Provide meaningful education and resources to Team Members, Community Members, families and prospects
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience as a RN or RPN in an independent, assisted living and/or long term care facility
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a similar environment
- Graduate of a post-secondary nursing program and maintain good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses as a registered nurse.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; comfortable interacting in a leadership role with Community Members, their families and external agencies and resources
- Strong computer skills for job-related functions including use of excel, word and various job-related software programs
- Working knowledge of the Retirement Homes Act
- Working knowledge of Infection Control procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including education of older adults
- Ability to educate and guide Team Members to provide quality care
- Ability to work flexible hours and some weekends
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check including the vulnerable sector