Find your opportunity to Make Today Great!
If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a real difference in peoples’ lives are important to you, we want you on our team. Please see below for current job opportunities. While we thank all respondents, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Shuttle Bus Driver
You have a passion to raise the bar in the retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated team player who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance and customer service within the Environmental team as a Bus Driver. You are an experienced Bus Driver, with knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services to older adults and other members of the public. You are committed to excellence in customer service, willing to learn and/or share your expertise and having fun.
At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At V!VA we put people first. We are looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s mission – Making Today Great!
As the bus driver, you will report to the Lifestyle Manager and assist in ensuring V!VA Thornhill Woods provides the best in overall care for its Community Members. You will make working and living at V!VA an awesome experience by continually working to improve the customer service experience and developing an innovative working environment for team members. To work at a V!VA Retirement Community means committing to excellence in customer service, being a team player who is reliable and willing to making every day great for both our Community Members and peers.
- Transport Community Members to and from destinations, following a preplanned route according to a time schedule
- Assume responsibility for the safety of Community Members and Team Members in loading, unloading and transporting them to and from destinations
- Lock in wheel chairs, accessible equipment and mobility aids on bus
- Operates bus safely and in compliance with traffic regulations, ensuring speed limits and other safety rules are observed
- Keep operational records and makes simple reports
- Regulates heating equipment and ventilation of bus for comfort of passengers
- Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of bus; Assures bus meets regular maintenance schedules
- Demonstrates a full understanding of emergency and evacuation policies and procedures
- Comply with V!VA’s policies and procedures as well as traffic the laws regarding the use of mobile devices, smoking in company vehicles and the use of prohibited equipment (such as games consoles) while working
- Report all safety, security, driving and customer service incidents to the Lifestyle Manager as soon as possible using V!VA’s reporting procedure
- Actively participate in all training offered pre and post opening and seek opportunities to continue growing and learning and finding ways to contribute to Making Today Great!
- Role model and drive excellence in customer service throughout the Community
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of the motor vehicle
- Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations
- Valid class F Drivers license
- Five (5) years of verifiable driving experience
- Good driving abstract. No driving conviction in past fifteen (15) years
- Ability to operate lift equipment and to correctly secure wheelchairs and other mobility devices
- Able to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Available for flexible hours of work including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong interpersonal skills; comfortable interacting with older adults
- Valid CPR, and first aid certificate
V!VA Retirement Communities welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.