Find your opportunity to Make Today Great!
If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a real difference in peoples’ lives are important to you, we want you on our team. Please see below for current job opportunities. While we thank all respondents, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Carleton Place, Ottawa Valley, Ontario
You have a passion to raise the bar in the retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated team player who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance, customer and health care services in the Wellness department. You are an experienced RN or RPN who gets great job satisfaction out of working with seniors in a non-clinical, non-institutional environment. You are willing to learn and/or share your expertise and have fun.
At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At V!VA we put people first. We are looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s mission – Making Today Great!
As a Nurse at a V!VA Retirement Community, you will be accountable to your schedule and job duties as they pertain to your assigned shifts. You will collaborate and work as a team player with emphasis on Community Member wellness. You will be the first response team for all emergency calls from our Community Members and provide them with a compassionate and supportive approach to their needs. You will report and document all findings both in the communication binder and to the Wellness Manager to ensure a seamless communication and support system. Ensure the appropriate methods of maintaining confidentiality and privacy of information are carried out in your day to day tasks and communication. Working closely with the Wellness Manager to address, support and honor the needs of our current and prospective Community Members.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Community Members with various personal needs including assistance with dressing, light housekeeping, mobility, food service, bathing, laundry, etc.
- Distribution/dispensing of all required medications and narcotics
- Conduct wellness assessments and monitor ongoing health of Community Members.
- Adhere to the V!VA Service Culture Standards while bringing your own natural personality to the position
- Actively participate in all training offered and seek opportunities to continue growing and learning and finding ways to contribute to Making Today Great! every day for everyone
- Live the Orange Dot V!VA Values and drive excellence in customer service throughout the Community
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Registered member of the Ontario Nursing Association
- Post-secondary education in nursing at an accredited institution
- Available for flexible hours of work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Experience in a retirement residence and/or with seniors is an asset
- Current first aid and CPR
- Strong interpersonal skills; comfortable interacting with seniors
- Able to understand, articulate and live the V!VA Orange Dot Values
V!VA Retirement Communities welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.