Find your opportunity to Make Today Great!
If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a real difference in peoples’ lives are important to you, we want you on our team. Please see below for current job opportunities. While we thank all respondents, only those under consideration will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE THIS PAGE IS CLOSED BUT YOU CAN APPLY FOR THIS JOB HERE: http://viva.applynow.net.au/jobs/94499-lifestyles-manager
- Do you want to finish each day knowing you have made a difference in the lives of seniors?
- Pivotal role with an organization that commits itself to the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry.
- Take advantage of the many perks that V!VA has to offer, such as complimentary team meals, V!VA Scholarship Program, and our Orange Dot Recognition Program.
About V!VA Retirement Communities
What happens when a team of experienced industry professionals combine their passion and decide it is time to raise the bar in the retirement living industry? You get V!VA Retirement Communities. At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry.
V!VA Retirement Communities includes six luxury rental retirement residences located in Ontario, each of which are uniquely designed to suit the needs, habits and lifestyles of the surrounding community.
At V!VA we put people first, and we’re looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s purpose of Making Today Great!
We also offer inspiring and purposeful activities/events to ensure our Community Members are kept engaged and involved in their neighbourhood. Take in a movie in the big-screen V!VAplex theatre, or just catch up with old friends and new in the fully-licensed pub. Best of all, everything made in our kitchen is V!VAlicious, which means equal parts nutritious and delicious, and made from the fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs grown in our very own V!VA Victory Garden.
About the Opportunity
V!VA Retirement Communities has a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Lifestyle Manager to join our retirement living community and managmnet team in Mississauga.
Reporting to the Community Director and working closely with the the Lifestyle Assistants, bus driver, and volunteers, you will create programs and events that engage Community Members, while addressing their social, spiritual, mental, physical and intellectual needs. This role is responsible for the effective management of volunteers. This role also has an outreach component to the surrounding community, representing the company in a positive way at all times.
As a positive and active contributor, your key duties will include:
- Initiate and promote activities both within and outside the community to stimulate and promote Community Member interest, communication and general well being
- Design and implement programs that address the holistic needs and special interests of Community Members, based on their input
- Deliver the V!VAfit Program as designed by S.T.E.P.S
- Track Community Members’ activity participation and adjust calendar events accordingly
- Establish an active volunteer program that a) promotes Community Member philanthropic involvement and b) recruits and supervises volunteers to assist in the delivery and creation of diverse programs
- Stay abreast active aging and generational trends to enhance programming
- Recruit and select lifestyle/programming partners following V!VA’s hiring and contracting standards
- Coordinate and supervise Program Assistant(s) and Driver(s) schedules and duties
- Transport and/or accompany Community Members to and from outside activities and appointments in community vehicle(s)
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance with the Maintenance Coordinator
- Develop monthly newsletter and activity calendar
- Manage monthly budget for activity supplies, entertainment, food, etc., and staffing as appropriate
- Assist Community Director in preparation and execution of the department’s annual budget
- Work with other Department Managers in planning and conducting orientation and in-service training
- Participate in and attend all in-service training and education programs as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
For this role, we are seeking someone with a Degree or Diploma in Recreation Therapy/Activation with a Gerontology background, a minimum of 5 years relevant experience facilitating social and recreational programs in a retirement living/health care setting, and a minimum of 3 years management experience.
You will also have:
- Personal Training Certification, Fitness Instructor Certification and/or Aqua Certification with previous experience planning and delivering programs, for older adults
- Staff/ Volunteer management experience an asset
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the use of Internet resources
- Excellent social, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to connect and communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record, an asset; preference will be given to candidates who have or are willing to pursue their class F license
- Self managed, well organized, enthusiastic leader with a positive attitude
- Able to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods. Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
This dynamic role is well suited to an enthusiastic leader who can promote a friendly optimistic atmosphere. You will have a genuine interest in making a difference in the lives of seniors and will be capable of communicating your role and impact to the Community Management Team.
If you are a creative and innovative spirit, and if making a difference in people’s lives inspires you to take on new challenges, find out what we have to offer for you!
Why Choose V!VA?
In exchange for all your hard work and determination, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and commission - but this is just the start!
Watch this video to find out more about why V!VA is a great place to work.
You can also look forward to taking advantage of the many additional perks that V!VA has to offer:
- Team Meals– Everyone should know just how V!VAlicious the meals are at V!VA – especially our very own Team Members! That’s why weekly, the entire team is invited to enjoy a complimentary lunch specially prepared by your talented Culinary Team. What could be a better pick-me-up than that?
- “Making Today Great” Time!– ‘Making Today Great!’ is our founding purpose. That’s why each Team Member is given time each day to go beyond their daily routine to do anything they choose – as long as it improves the day of a fellow Team Member or V!VA Community Member. Bring a cup of tea over to Ms. Smith in Suite 204 or play a game of chess with Mr. Wilson in the Library. It’s how we encourage you to experience more variety in your day while making a difference in someone else’s.
- V!VA Scholarship– A good education never ends, and in honour of our commitment to continuing education, we’ve developed the V!VA Scholarship Program. If you’re interested in taking a course that will benefit your career at V!VA, we’re happy to chip in.
- Orange Dot Program- Ever wanted to thank a fellow colleague for going above and beyond? Well, with V!VA’s Orange Dot Program, you can! Thank someone for doing a great job by rewarding them with points, or receive your own points and redeem them for tons of great stuff.
If you think you've got the skills to take on this rewarding challenge, apply now!